If you are experiencing exceptionally slow Internet speeds, please try the following steps.
- Powercycle your Modem and POE.
- Heavy Traffic - During peak hours, you may experience a slow connection. This is due to the amount of people using the internet in your area during peak hours.
- Website Limitations - Some websites are only capable of receiving so many users at one time. So, if 200 people are connecting to that site at one time then the amount of allowed bandwidth is divided among users. This will give you a slow speed. Check another website to see if you are still experiencing the problem.
- Virus' and Spyware - If your computer or mobile device has a virus or spyware on it, you will have reduced performance in speed and may be experiencing other issues as well. CEO has experienced IT professionals ready to help you. If you believe you have a virus or spyware, please give us a call.
- Outdated Modem - Over time, a modem will begin to degrade and as technology evolves your modem may not be able to keep up with the new, higher speeds. If you believe your modem is outdated, give us a call and we can check it for you.
- Wireless Connections - A wired connection directly from your POE to your device will run faster than a wireless connection through your modem. Wireless connections may sometimes fluctuate. Especially during peak times when you have multiple devices connected.
- Multiple Devices Connected - If you are experiencing slow speeds, try disconnecting some of your devices and see if that helps. Too many devices connected to your modem at one time can make a significant difference in your speed.
- Older Equipment - As your equipment gets older, it loses its ability to keep up with the current speeds. All facets of your computer can impact the speeds, so it may be time to just get a new computer. If this is the case, call CEO and we can help you purchase a new computer that will fit your specific needs.
If you are still experiencing connection issues after following these steps, please call Customer Support and we will be happy to help you!